At that hour, that little alarm clock in your stomach may be reminding you it’s time for a snack!
And snacking actually can be a healthy habit, if done right.
But remember there are snacks – and then there are snacks!
NOT carrot sticks vs potato chips. But healthy, tasty, easy to prepare snacks that won’t spike your blood sugar, pack on those extra pounds, or assault your system with too much salt or sugar!
I snack on snacks that I love and that love me (because you know those potato chips or pretzels or that candy sure aren’t interested in your health and well being!)
And remember if you don’t have the junk foods in your kitchen, you won’t have to worry about making all those concessions to your health.
So try one of these when that 3:00 signal alerts you:
- Crackers or apple slices with either peanut butter or cheese
- Zucchini or cucumber slices or celery with various dips
- Open a can of sardines, salmon, or tuna and eat that right out of the can. This is pure protein so will solve the problem of wanting to eat more.
- A crispbread with hummus and freshly chopped veggies piled on top
- Prunes or dates (extremely healthy) with small cheese balls or chunks
- Rice cakes with peanut butter, hummus, or bean dip
- Small container of plain Greek yogurt (turn down the “fruit” mixed kind – full of sugar) with fresh nutritious berries
- Red, orange, or yellow peppers with guacamole (I’m a big proponent of avocados)
- A handful of nuts and even though they’re full of fat (the good kind), they’re quite filling
- Cottage cheese with added flax seeds and cinnamon
- A hard boiled egg – another pure protein that will calm your hunger
- And last, but definitely not the least, is a healthy piece or dish of fruit!
Are The Above Foods Already in your Refrig or Cupboard?
Another Step Toward Good Health!